Good Girl lentils with smoked feta cheese
I have been on a plant based diet for about a month now and I am starting to feel so much better.
I have missed cheese so as a treat I thought I would make a yummy slightly naughty Good Girl lunch today to see how it affects me after all this time - my husband was pleased.
He loves cheese as you can see by his face & this recipe is delicious.
You can serve the feta cheese dish as a starter in its own right if you want to.
Here's a little tip … order Steenberg’s spices. I love the smoked ones best.
200 grams of puy lentils
I red onion - chopped
2 cloves of garlic – chopped
Dash of maple syrup
1 star anise
1 bay leaf
3 mix spice peppercorns
Hot vegetable stock – enough to cover lentils
handful of baby tomatoes
handful of parsley
1 feta cheese
smoked chilli flakes
dash of olive oil
Sprig of thyme
Turn oven onto 130 deg
1. Throw some olive oil in medium saucepan and gently fry onions and garlic until soft and glossy.
2. Add a dash of maple syrup.
3. Add lentils, stir for a minute or two
4. Add the star anise, bay leaf and peppercorns.
5. Add vegetable stock and place lid on pan.
6. Place feta cheese on baking paper in dish and add a teaspoon of smoked paprika and some smoked chilli flakes and place in oven for 20 minutes as lentils cook.
7. When the lentils and feta are ready , allow to cool a few minutes.
8. Now add the feta cheese in cubes to the lentils
9. Add baby tomatoes and parsley and spring of thyme
And serve up with a smile !!!!!