Good girl comfort cake – Banana and chocolate chip
I love, love, love this cake.
It's so tasty and it doesn’t have any gluten and refined sugar, but I promise it tastes really naughty.
Having a auto-immune disease means I always watch what I eat. But I love food, and through the years I have found & developed some lovely recipes, and with a little of this, and a little of that, I have made them my own.
Nothing like having a nice treat in the afternoon, sitting in the spring garden, with a cup of tea, listening to birdsong ..
So here we go .. you need ..
4 tablespoons of melted coconut oil
5 loaded tablespoons of nut butter of any kind
75 grams coconut flour
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1 teaspoon of mixed spice
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
Sprinkling of sea salt
Half a bar of chocolate ( dark if you want to be good) broken into small pieces
1 teaspoon of organic vanilla essence
( a dash of maple syrup if you want to be extra naughty)
1. Preheat oven to 180
2. Scrunch up a baking sheet and cover with coconut oil and place in your cake tin.
3. Mash up your bananas and place in mixer.
4. Now add all the other ingredients apart from the chocolate.
5. When its nicely blended, stir in your pieces of chocolate and pour the batter in the cake tin.
6. Now place in the oven for 40 minutes, during which time you could have a little sing and dance in the kitchen.
7. When its baked, lift out of tin holding onto the paper and leave on wire rack to cool for 30 minutes.
Carry on dancing, then eat your heart out !!!!!